6:00 PM Report to the band room, warm up
6:45 PM Line up to march to the stadium
7:00 PM Pregame
7:30 PM Kickoff
10:00 PM End of game, line up to march back to band room
10:30 PM Clean up band room and dismiss
- Uniform for this game will be blue jeans, 2017 marching band t-shirts, athletic shoes (no sandals)
- Eat before report time. The HHS Band Booster Association will feed the band after halftime, but it will be around 8:30!
- You can receive updates from the band via text message. Text @hixsonband to 81010 to sign up.
Saturday, August 19, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m.Once again, we are requesting some help from our awesome parents, grandparents, and band kids to help us with cleaning out the concession stand on the 19th. If you can bring some cleaning supplies it would be appreciated! We hope to see you there! Please contact Valerie Werner by messaging her on Facebook or email Catherine Dyer at email@example.com for more information.
Thursday, August 17, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.- Burgers with the Band
ALL BAND/GUARD REQUIRED TO ATTEND. This fundraising event is after practice on the 17th at the football field. Cost: $5.00 per person at the event. The Band/Guard will perform for parents and all in attendance. Come and see how hard our kids have been working. Hot dogs, burgers, chips and drinks will be served. If you would like to help with this please sign up Here: Burgers with the Band
Saturday, September 9th- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser at Longhorn Steakhouse
This was a great fundraiser for us this past spring and we hope it will be even better this fall. Tickets will be sold by the band students and are $10 each. They include a free appetizer from Longhorn and a free game of bowling @ SpareTime in Hixson. More info will be given to students.
“Many hands make light work.”
Please join us in helping the Hixson High School Band program be a success. We need you to visit our page Volunteer Opportunities and sign-up to help with the football game concessions or to chaperone the band at away games. All help is needed and appreciated! THANK YOU!
For the most recent, information regarding the band, text the phrase @hixsonband to: 81010. This is especially useful when the band is traveling and needs to give last-minute updates.
DATES: Monday – Friday, July 17th-21st
TIMES: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Please arrive by 7:45 AM so we can start at 8:00
- Lunch break is from 11:30-1:00 – we recommend bringing lunch and using this time to REST
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Good: Even Better:
- Athletic Shoes and Socks for Morning, Sandals for afternoon (optional)
Yes: (pink is optional) No: (marching with no socks = blisters)
- Sunglasses (band is cool, the sun not so much)
- Sunscreen/Bug spray (please re-apply on breaks!)
- Appropriate Clothes (shorts, tank top/t-shirt)
- Packed lunch/money for lunch
- Hair up and out of your face
- Inhaler, knee brace, or other medical necessities
- Instrument, valve oil, reeds, neck strap, etc. (kind of important)
- If you play a school instrument, it will be checked out to you on Monday)
Who: all percussion, color guard, and new marchers
When: Tues, Weds, Thurs, May 30-June 1, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
What to wear: comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather and for school – shorts and t-shirt are fine; comfortable athletic shoes/socks (no sandals)
What to bring: instrument/equipment, large water jug, sunglasses/hat, sunscreen – we will not be outside the entire time, but will be out some, depending on the weather
- All sheet music will be provided
- Low brass and horns bring your mouthpiece – marching instruments will be provided
If you have any questions or scheduling conflicts, please contact Mr. McHenry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Hixson High School Band. Each year, the band presents more than 20 performances for the public, proudly representing Hixson High School and the Hixson community. On this site you will find information for current and prospective band members and families, upcoming band events, pictures and video of the band, and opportunities to volunteer. We hope you will come and see the band perform sometime soon.
Matt McHenry, Director,
Hixson HS Bands