All HCS schools are on early dismissal today and all students should be going home. As of now tonight’s game is still on and report time is still 5:30. The final decision on the game will come from central office at 2 PM and we will send out a phone message to all parents at that time. Please spread the word so everyone is informed as possible.
3:30 PM Students report, load truck, board buses
4:00 PM Leave HHS
6:15 PM Arrive at ACHS, unload and eat
Pizza for the band will be provided by the HHS Band Booster Club
7:30 PM Kickoff
10:00 PM End of game, load up and leave
12:30 AM Arrive at Hixson HS, unload & clean up, dismiss
This is an estimate – times may vary based on the length of the game
- The address for Anderson Co HS is 130 Maverick Circle, Clinton, TN 37716
- Students may bring money for the concession stand after we perform
- You can get updates from the band via text message. Text @hixsonband to 81010 to sign up.
Were getting the band back together!
For the first time in years, all members of the Hixson Band, Color Guard, and Majorettes are invited to join the Hixson Band for Alumni Night on October 4, 2019, at the home game versus Soddy Daisy. Percussionists, wind players, majorettes, and color guard will all meet this year’s band and join them in a special performance at half-time.
We hope you will join us on October 4th. If you haven’t played in years, join us for support and a night of fun! We will have designated seating for Band Alumni.
Complete these steps to join the HHSAlumni Band:
- Register by completing this form by the deadline of September 17, 2019: REGISTRATION FORM
- Send payment of $25 to the HHS Band Boosters. Payment price includes your $7.00 ticket to the game, a commemorative tee-shirt, and 1 meal voucher from the concession stand. Meal voucher will be a choice of hot dog/hamburger, 1 bag of chips, and 1 drink. Additional meal vouchers can be purchased at check-In for $5 each.
- View the Itinerary for important information. ITINERARY
- SHOW UP!
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Click on our PayPal link and pay online.
- Mail a check payable to HHS Band Boosters @ PO Box 782, Hixson, TN 37343 (in the memo line put your name)
- Cash, check or credit cards can be used at the door upon arrival. (This may delay your check-in process)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the DEADLINE to signup? A: September 17, 2019
Q: How much does it cost? A: $25
Q: Who can I contact by telephone for questions? A: LeeAnn Hall 423-503-0654.
Q: Can my family attend? A: YES- PLEASE!
Q: What music will we play? A: Music will be available prior to the event. Music pieces will likely be our “Fight Song”, Alma Mater, and possibly one other piece.
Q: Where can I purchase additional game tickets? A: Football game tickets can be purchased at the ticket booth at 7:00 pm.
Q: Why do I need a meal voucher? A: The meal voucher is to help alleviate some wait time in the concession stand line. We will have a designated line for meal voucher redemption.
Q: Can I purchase additional meal vouchers? A: YES we will sell additional meal vouchers at Check-In from 4:30 – 5:30.
Q: What time should I arrive? A: See the Itinerary for all details. Check in will begin at 4:30.
If you would like a text regarding travel updates and other important, sometimes last minute information about the HHS band, please text @hixsonband to 81010.
We have created these signup list’s to keep track of things. We hope you can join us in helping our Hixson Band this marching season. We have MANY opportunities.
- CONCESSION STAND Please use this sign-up list to help the band at HOME football games by working with us in the concession stand. This is a fun way to get involved with helping out our Hixson Band. New volunteers are always welcome!
- AWAY GAME CHAPERONE Please use this sign-up list to chaperone AWAY games and band competitions: chaperones must ride the bus to/from away games with students and provide general supervision during the event.
- LETS WATER THE BAND! We need to keep the kids hydrated during practices, home games, competitions and away games. As you can imagine we use a large amount of water. If you have would like to contribute, please drop off a case of water at the band room. We appreciate your support!
- CHATTANOOGA LOOKOUTS: We still need help working at the Lookouts games. Please help us by urging your student to signup for some of the games. We will meet at the band room before each home game and carpool to the stadium. For details, please see Cayce Rose at 423-280-3050.
Dear Band Alumni, you WILL NOT want to miss the football game on Friday, October 4, 2019. Check back next week for more details on what is being planned for YOU! SAVE THE DATE!
Join us to help raise money for our HHS Band program as we Volunteer in the concessions at The Lookouts game. We will meet at The HHS Band Room at 5:30 p.m. to carpool down to the stadium. If you should have any questions please reach out to our Band Booster President Casey Watson Rose at 423-280-3050.
The annual Concession Stand/Band Room clean up day will be on Saturday, August 3 starting at 8:00 a.m. We would love to see you there! A thank you lunch for volunteers will be held at 12:00.